Our school opened in 2011 because families were looking for something different. You must be here because you are looking for something different too.
COMPLETE THE APPLICATION FOR ENROLLMENT
TKG offers full-time school, homeschool enrichment, Summer School, Holiday camps, and after-school enrichment for students between the ages of 5 to 11. We are now enrolling for our co-op pre-K program! Our Classes – currently completely outdoors – are multi-age so, curious and self-propelled children thrive in this environment that fosters growth-mindset and community. Admission to the program is based on developmental readiness and not necessarily on chronological age.
TKG enrolls students ages 3 to 11 in the following programs (See our COVID updates here):
Inspired by COVID, we meet for in-person learning, outdoors, Monday-Friday from 9-1 daily. Extended days are also available. We invite you to fill out the enrollment application, online.
Co-op early education (Pre/dev Kinder)
Outdoors and play-based, our early education program meets on Monday, Wednesday, and Friday from 10-1pm. We invite you to fill out the enrollment application, online.
To register for enrichment (not full-time school), visit our Homeschool Enrichment page, here. Application is not required. Our programs include:
- Social-Emotional Play Pods (REGISTRATION LINK)
- Healthy Sexuality Forum (REGISTRATION LINK)
- Fall Camps
- Winter Camps
- Spring Camps
Also, if you just need someone to talk to to help you with your ideas, learn more about our parenting and learning on-demand consulting!
Enrollment Steps – For the full-time school programS
The school year will begin on the Wednesday after Labor Day.
- Submit Application and complete non-refundable application fee due.
- Tour TKG. Visit our outdoor school location and observe from a safe distance.
- Parent Meeting – The purpose of this meeting is for parents and school leaders to plant the seeds of relationship – this anchors school business, parent involvement, and conflict resolution.
- Student Visit – Students are also part of this process. By attending a school meeting, they can see how it feels and teachers can see how it feels too. We may contact a student’s current/former teacher for additional information and will notify you in advance if this is necessary.
- Notification of Enrollment Status
After enrollment is confirmed, a tuition contract is required to be signed and returned within 14 days. Please visit the TUITION INFORMATION page for details. A non-refundable registration fee of $200 plus the tuition deposit is due at the same time. TKG reserves the right to determine whether the program is a good fit for the family and the program.
THE KNOWING GARDEN school will admit students of any race, color, national origin, and ethnic origin to all the rights, privileges, programs, and activities generally accorded or made available to students at the school. It does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national nor ethnic origin in the administration of its educational policies, admission policies, scholarship, and loan programs, and athletic and other school-administered programs.