Our school opened in 2011 because families were looking for something different. You must be here because you are looking for something different too.
TKG offers full-time school, homeschool enrichment, Summer School, camps, after-school camps, and distance learning for students between the ages of 5 to 10. Currently, due to COVID restrictions, we will open in a camp format on September 8th. We will learn and play in the outdoors. In all our programs, classes are multi-age so curious and self-propelled children thrive in this environment that fosters growth-mindset and community. Admission to the program is based on developmental readiness and not necessarily upon chronological age.
TKG enrolls students ages 5 to 10 in the following programs (our current program is in the pod model, fully outdoors. See our updates here):
In a typical school year the full day is Monday through Friday from 9 to 3pm. Students ages 5 end the day at 1pm. We are currently unable to open campus so we are having school outdoors (with COVID protocols) for part of the week with online meetings one day per week. Please see this page for more details. We invite you to fill out the enrollment application, online.
To register for enrichment (not full-time school), visit our Homeschool Enrichment page, here.
- Field Days are available Fridays beginning September 4, 2020 with COVID protocols. A minimum commitment of 12 weeks is required in order to keep camp pods stable and safe. Register Here.
- Tutoring is available for students in-person (outdoors and distanced) or online. Please contact us to inquire and set up a schedule.
Also, if you just need someone to talk to to help you with your ideas, learn more about our parenting and learning on-demand consulting!
Summer School and Holiday Camps
is available beginning July 6 through August 28th. Tutoring (on-site) is open registration of 2-hour sessions exclusively for enrolled families with a maximum of 5 children. Register for Summer School.
Enrollment Steps – For the full-time school program
The school year will begin on September 8th.
- Submit Application and complete non-refundable application fee due.
- Tour TKG. We offer video tours and online meetings with teachers at this time.
- Parent Meeting – The purpose of this meeting is for parents and school leaders to plant the seeds of relationship – this anchors school business, parent involvement, and conflict resolution.
- Student Visit – Students are also part of this process. By attending a school meeting, they can see how it feels and teachers can see how it feels too. We may contact a student’s current/former teacher for additional information and will notify you in advance if this is necessary.
- Notification of Enrollment Status
Other holidays to be announced
Dec 11 – Jan. 1
Mar 29 – Apr 9
After enrollment is confirmed, a tuition contract is required to be signed and returned within 14 days. A non-refundable registration fee of $500 plus the tuition deposit is due at the same time. TKG reserves the right to determine whether the program is a good fit for the family and the program.
THE KNOWING GARDEN school will admit students of any race, color, national origin, and ethnic origin to all the rights, privileges, programs, and activities generally accorded or made available to students at the school. It does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national nor ethnic origin in the administration of its educational policies, admission policies, scholarship, and loan programs, and athletic and other school-administered programs.